In D what? Did you say in D Minor?
For all of the musicians out there who are familiar with Pachelbel's famous Canon in D you will immediately do a double-take at the title of this post! Why? Because this famous chamber work was written in the key of D Major and not in the key of D Minor. However, this very informal recording is an arrangement in the key of D Minor.
I recorded this just last night as a last-minute joke for work. One of our company's products uses an arrangment of Pachelbel's Canon in D (major) and the title was incorrectly displayed as "Canon in D Minor." So I sent out an email to a few of the people at work with a link to this recording and suggested that instead of correcting the text, we could simply replace the sound track with this recording. I'm sure Pachelbel wouldn't mind!
So here you have a very dreary-feeling version of Pachelbel's famous Canon in D, played in the minor key. If you are not familiar with this piece, it is an extremely popular work for weddings. My co-workers joked that this could be the processional music played at a divorce court instead.
Please forgive the piano, I didn't have time to tune it before recording like I usually try to do. Also, please look past the many imperfections -- keep in mind that I was converting this to minor as I was playing... it wasn't arranged or prepared in advance. Thus there are several imperfections. Oh well, it was just intended to be a joke anyhow :) I hope you enjoy it!
You can download the WMA by right-clicking this link and selecting "Save Target As..." or the MP3 by right-clicking this link and selecting "Save Target As..." or you can listen to it through the embedded player provided below.
SignMyPiano.com on Facebook
- ► 2010 (13)
- ► 2009 (35)
- Si Jing Ye Takes 1st Place at the 2008 Bachauer Yo...
- Kenric Tam Takes 2nd Place at the 2008 Bachauer Yo...
- Jonathan Floril Takes 3rd place at the 2008 Bachau...
- Hin Yat Mozar Tsang Takes 4th place at the 2008 Ba...
- Beatrice Rana Takes 6th Place in the 2008 Bachauer...
- Nansong Huang Takes 5th place at the 2008 Young Ar...
- Yen-Yu (Jenny) Chen Age 14 USA
- Chengcheng Yao Age 16 China
- Song Choi Age 18 USA
- And the 6 Finalists Are...
- Day 1 of the Gina Bachauer Young Artists Competiti...
- Beethoven Sonata Pathetique (Patetica) Op. 13 No. ...
- Ching Toa Aristo Sham Wins the 2008 Junior Bachaue...
- Ching Toa Aristo Sham Gives a Stunning Performance...
- Schubert Impromptu Op. 90 No 4 in E-flat
- A Talented Young Artist - Reta
- The 2008 Gina Bachauer International Piano Competi...
- The Poet SpeaksDedicated to Judy Stockett
- Donation List
- Pachelbel's Canon in D Minor
- ▼ June (20)